Friday, July 27, 2012

World Events' Since the Cubs last World Series Title

I've been bleeding Cardinal red since the day that I was in fact born--which to this day has been twenty-one years--and just about exactly a month away from it being twenty-two years--but nothing beats the day of a game against the lovable-losing Chicago Cubs--well, a few things--but we won't discuss them on this blog.

Being a Saint Louis person, hating on Chicago has almost always been a tradition for myself--and many others around here in the sacred family of 'Cardinals' Nation'. As a writer for RedBird Nation, I always try to keep my hate and dislike towards any certain team at a complete minimal--but for the case of the Cubbies, I don't really care to do that--and living in the heartland of both Cardinals and Cubs territory in the captial of Illinois pretty much should explain it for itself.

While we are just over two hours away from the first pitch, I decided to dedicate this post to the lovable losers, so for my post of the day on the bad guys' from Chicago (and not the White Sox, either), here is a list of World Events' that have occured since the Cubbies' last won a World Series title;
  • World War 1 and World War 2 changed the world map.
  • Communist Russia rose and fell.
  • The MLB home run record was broken four times. (Ruth, Maris, McGwire, Bonds)
  • Every original MLB team won the World Series more than one time.
  • Six MLB expansion teams have won at least one World Series title.
  • Every MLB team -- aside from just one -- has a new ball park.
  • Night baseball games started taking place.
  • Computers and cellphones were both invented.
  • The world wide web was invented.
  • Television was invented.
  • Rock and Rap music were invented and brought upon us all.
  • Classical conductor George Solti, who died in 1997, holds the Grammy award record at 31.
  • We put men on the moon.
There is certainly a lot more inventions, creations, actions, and records that I could place on this list above; but for now, I will just be friendly and keep it at that. Being around a bunch of Cubs fans day-to-day certainly makes all of this much more exciting, fun, and interesting--but for now, I think it is time to let the boys in the uniforms do the rest of the talking. This series is going to be exciting, and I can tell you with one-hundred percent confidence that I will not be the only one this excited. Let's go Cardinals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment